Desktop Rig Review
All Types of Rigs
Desktop rig review can be performed onboard or remotely. We perform such scope for the following types of rigs:
- Drillships (including last generations)
- Jackups (including last generations)
- Tender Assisted Rig
- Swamp Barges
- Land Drilling Rigs
- Land Workover Rigs
- Snubbing and Lifting Units
Detailed scopes for each type are available upon request.
All Rig Situations - All Project Steps
Desktop Rig review can be performed any time, for any rig situation.
Usually, our customers prefer such scope for the following situations:
- Major doubt on rig certification status
- Review of rig certification (after initial job onboard)
- Narrowing rig list during tendering process (to make short list)
- After rig major maintenance, modification or refusbishment
- Scope to include Rig Design Review of major design change
- In preparation for Rig Capacity Study (to confirm rig capacity to perform a specific well program)
Detailed scopes for each situation are available upon request.
Desktop Rig Review Scope:
Our inspection team can perform such scope onboard or remotely, provided that drilling contractor provides all required documents. The review will focus on the following:
- Original Certification of major rig equipment, including well control equipment
- Last Recertification of rig major equipment, including well control equipment
- Last Overhauls of major equipment (mast/sub, blocks, top drive, drawworks, mud pumps, engines, generators, electrical drive motors…)
- Last major maintenance records of the other rig equipment
- Analysis of corrective maintenance records
- Analysis of rig downtime/NPT
- Analysis of all provided maintenance records
Detailed desktop review scope is available upon request.
We also provide specific Rig Capacity Verification: a full study to confirm rig actual available power and capacities to perform a specific type of wells, especially when high power consumption is expected.
- 0 comment